Sunday 31 December 2017

Alpine Miniatures - US Tankcrew, Ardennes 1944


I am calling this done before 2017 draws to a close. The crates and ammo containers were taken from AFV Club Set AF35184 - Ammunition Crates and Containers for 105mm Howitzer. The groundwork consisted of a mix of dried oregano leafs and those made from Fimo Deco Gel - a technique I developed 10 years ago.

Finally as part of the model display at Minicon TEN 2017 on last Saturday 30 December.


Here's wishing everyone a joyous new year ahead.

Cheers,

Calvin



4 comments:

Jin Kim said...

Beautiful works!!!
The last pic might be taken at the front of Bernard's shop ^^

Ee Cheong said...

I saw the figure live at Minicon. The vivid colours of the face totally captured my attention. Looking at these photographs now, I realized I missed other details like the corporal strips, insignia and markings on the crates/cannister!

Calvin Tan said...

Thanks Dr Kim,

yes you are right, the final picture was taken outside Bernard's shop.

Calvin Tan said...

Hi Ee Cheong,

thanks for the compliments.

Cheers,

Calvin